Here are some frequently asked questions regarding infrared scanning.
- Q:Can an infrared inspection be performed while production is running?
- A: All the thermographic inspections are conducted while systems are running under load; therefore, no downtime is necessary to conduct the survey.
- Q:How accurate is an infrared electrical inspection?
- A: A thermographic survey provides positive identification of problem locations, thus maintenance can be performed on facts rather than guesswork.
- Q:What do we use when we inspect your electrical equipment?
- A:Our newest thermographic imager is the Mikron 7200.
|Temperature Range:||Range 1: -40°C to 120°C
Range 2: 0°C to 500°C
Range 3: 200°C to 2000°C (Optional)
|Measurement Accuracy:||±2% or 2°C of reading|
|Field of View:||29°(H) x 22°(V)|
|Focus Range:||30 cm to infinity|
|Instantaneous FOV / Spatial Resolution:||1.58 mrad|
|Image Update Rate:||30 Hz/60Hz (selectable)|
|Sensitivity / NETD:||0.06°C @ 30°C|
|Detector:||320 x 240 UFPA VOX Microbolometer|
|Spectral Band:||8.0 to 14.0 µm|
|Atmospheric Transmission Correction:||Input correction by outside temperature, humidity,and measuring distance|
|Emissivity Setting:||Auto based on operator input|
|Alarm:||Upper or Lower|
- Q:What are the costs of infrared electrical inspections?
- A: All inspections are based on a daily rate. Depending on the location, a minimum of travel expenses may be included in the price. The cost of unexpected downtime and the associated costs can be significantly reduced by scheduling periodic surveys.
- Q:How safe are infrared electrical inspections?
- A:Thermographic surveys are non-contact and nondestructive, thus representing a safe and reliable method to survey high-voltage equipment.
- Q:Where are we located at?